Topics to be covered at the 2018 Summit:
-Accelerating the DoD's Adoption of Autonomous Capabilities
-Addressing Design, Requirements, and Acquisition Challenges Specific to Autonomy
-Supporting Research and Advancements to Machine Learning / AI
-Applying Levels of Machine Learning and Narrow AI to DoD Systems at Rest and In Motion Across Physical and Non-Physical Domain Systems and Platforms
-Developing Test, Evaluation, Validation, and Verification (TEVV) Techniques that Focus on Challenges Unique to Autonomy
-Human-Machine Teaming Challenges of Transitioning to Increasingly Autonomous Systems
-Improving Trustworthiness and Trust in Autonomous Systems
-Integrating Counter-Autonomy to Remain Ahead of Adversaries Leveraging Autonomy
At our Summit you will have the ability:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the most complex issues facing the DoD and Government as it relates to autonomy, AI, and machine learning.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover some of the latest technologies, policy considerations, and solutions of interest to the DoD and Government for autonomy, AI and machine learning.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. Our town hall format is your opportunity to address our speakers with questions or comments on the current mission.
Operating Guidance for Government Attendees
- DSI’s Summit directly supports the DoD and Government mission priorities by providing a conduit for each speaker to efficiently reach audiences outside of their respective offices that directly impact their department's mission success, at no charge to the government, and in an efficient expenditure of time.
- DSI’s Summit will provide a forum to address and improve internal and external initiatives, meet with and hear from partner organizations, disseminate vital capability requirements to industry, increase visibility within the larger community, and generally support their mission. The Summit is open and complimentary to all DoD and Federal employees and is considered an educational and training forum.
- (Industry and academia members are charged a fee for admission)
- Open to U.S. and FVEY Nation’s Citizens ONLY
- Summit is CLOSED TO PRESS / NO RECORDINGS
Why you should attend this year’s Summit:
Recent DoD findings and leadership across the Services have readily acknowledged the wide-spread applicability for autonomous capabilities across DoD systems and platforms. Fueled by advances in artificial intelligence, the current role for autonomous capabilities in DoD missions will continuously grow in importance as critical technology matures, and mission sets evolve to better leverage these capabilities. The efforts to accelerate the DoD’s adoption of autonomous capabilities are well underway, both to realize the potential Military value and capacity, and to remain ahead of adversaries who will also exploit its operational benefits.
Autonomy can provide substantial operational value across an increasingly diverse and constantly evolving set of DoD missions. However, the DoD must rapidly move to fully realize this value, which requires a proportionate amount of time structuring requirements, technology investment, and acquisition strategies to meet near and far-term mission needs.
The 2018 Autonomous Capabilities for DoD Summit will provide a forum to discuss the advancements and applications of autonomy, AI, and machine learning to enhance DoD capabilities, platforms, and systems. At this Summit, you will have the chance to examine the DoD’s major initiatives in the enabling of autonomous systems, strategic assessments of the challenges, gaps, and opportunities for current and future application, to include the identification of potential investments that advance and initiate critical capability development.